Sunday 17 April 2011

Untitled (part 1)

I had seen her during assembly time, when we all stood in a semi circle facing the flag and our teachers. It was chilly and it was as if everyone had a cold. We froze there in the clothes in our uniforms. The first row of the semi circle had the form one students, the second was the form two, the third was form three and the fourth was the form fours. I was in the fourth line, standing with the form fours, but I was a form three, I think I stood with them since they were perceived to be the cream of the high school society. At the far left of the semi circle stood the school choir, very beautiful girls holding there hymn book and leading the national anthem. That very Monday morning I saw her.

Mondays are very dull days, mostly cause I would rash to class after parade to copy maths assignment which for some reason I always failed to not even complete but start to do. I hadn't done my assignment and I knew for sure I was going to get punished immediately after parade. Those are the thoughts and worries that ran through my mind as announcements were made by the teachers on duty, the senior prefect and the lecturers, usually I never heard a thing, my mind was always away, no wonder I always did not laugh when everyone else laughed when a joke was told. That Monday as I stood there in the crowd I saw the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, I saw an angel s beautiful I knew that if I went to the sky and saw real angels none would be as pretty as this one in her light and navy blue checked dress with buttons running from her bosom to her knees, wearing perfectly clean light blue sweater with the school badge on it, holding an open navy blue covered hymn book and singing like the other members of the choir.

She was breath taking, her skin was perfectly light and blemish less, her white socks were pulled up, outside the school it looked ridiculous to pull up socks that high but in school, boarding school where we only had contact with the outside the school one a month it was actually very trendy. Her eyes were as white as milk, they were perfect and happy, it was the first time I saw eyes and could describe them as happy. She seemed very passionate about singing, her dress swung from left to right, from right to left so did my eyes, for a moment it was as if I was lost, lost in a moment of happiness, joy and enthusiasm. She was so beautiful  felt happy that she merely exsisted. It didn't hurt that we were in the same school and that she was going nowhere, that is the beauty of boarding school, everyone is always around, if not in the dorm, in class if not in class, the field, dining hall...there were only so many places one could be.

I came back to earth I think after five minutes, I had been lost in her world. In gaining self awareness I found that I had my mouth agape, I still had my hymn book open unlike my other school mates, Moses my friend was staring at me and giggling with my other classmates. I felt like a cartoon, I just hoped they hadn't noticed who I was gazing at. I knew they would tease me so much that even the little confidence I had would vaporize and just like that I will have lost the balls of having even a conversation with her. I knew the task that lie ahead, I had to know her, I just did, that was already a beautiful Monday, even though I hated Monday's and knew I was going to be kneeling down for the whole of double first period for not doing my assignment, I was happy... 

To be continued on Wednesday...

(so far I have had about 60 views on my blog and 1 comment, it's a bit discouraging but I found out that 99% of people that read blogs do not comment, 1% do, I would love to hear you share your opinion and comments on my writing as I share my most inner most thoughts, secrets and experience with you on this journey. I wouldn't mind an e-mail too, I promise to find time to reply as soon as possible.)

Thanks for your reading. 
Hope you will visit my blog more often perhaps even bookmark it.
Enjoy your day precious people.

Other popular reads on this blog on a different page: 
1. predicting your unfaithfulness
2. Little slut