Saturday 30 April 2011

Choosing Between Two Girls

Think of a well structured pink polo shirt,
That evokes the feelings of a clay tennis courts,
Beautiful playful energetic moments,

Then think of a navy-blue velvet coat,
The leather seats cocktails and elegant parties,
The classic beautiful soft navy coat a life saver,

If you were to choose one of the two,
Whereas you feel you need both the two,
What would you do?

We all know diamonds are forever don't we?
We have always wanted them for forever,
We have done all that it takes to get it,
Literally done all it takes to get that diamond,
That is as glossy as that ice cube rock that we cherish,
Then imagine being able to reach diamond,
After all the sweat you poured,
After all the blood you spilled,
After all the dignity you lost,
Just to get that diamond,
After years,
When you finally get so close to it,
You can almost touch it,
You finally have a chance,
To get that diamond,
In half a split second,
You discover that there is gold!
There is that one rock of gold so beautiful,
But gold you have not wanted forever,
You have wanted it just now,
Pure lust of the eyes,
You look at gold and you droll,
You want it suddenly,
It takes you like fire takes fuel,
Besides gold does look like a fire,
Your heart is set a flame by gold,

She is like diamond,
Yes she is,
A bit cold like an ice cube,
I have chased her and got cut so much,
You know diamond can cut right through metal right?
Now imagine what it would do to my heart?
Made of flesh and blood,
I have been cut inquest for diamond,
My blood has gone down the drain with water from ice cube,
That look exactly like the diamond,
Then just before I have diamond,
In the end,
Like to ensure me that my quest wasn't fruitless,
My blood didn't spill in vain,
I find diamond,
She is exactly at my reach.
The I discover gold,

Gold unlike diamond,
Did not spill my blood in my quest for her,
She is as beautiful as diamond,
Who dare tries to price diamond and gold?
Who dares values which is better?
They are both beauties born from one earth,
Both everything that lights a heart,

I went to find diamond,
And suffered on the way,
But gold found me,
Yes she did,
At my very door step,
Randomly in the beauty of the night,
I ached in craving,
But I did know that if I gave in,
The diamond I had worked so hard to get,
Might be lost from me forever,
She was almost half naked half dressed,
Half dressed and half naked would describe her better,
For when she showed up,
I was not sure whether it was to tempt me,
Or I was reading my things and tempting myself,
She is gold,
Like a golden flame,
Just like that she flames up my mind,
So that diamond melts into water like ice cubes do,
A flame like that disorients,

We can't have diamond and gold can we?
At least wear them together you know,
It is perfectly in bad taste,
And I am not a rapper am I?
To have with me diamond and gold,
Together at the same time,

My question is what should I do,
Let all the blood I spill spill in waste,
All the years I spent chasing after diamond?
Or do I let myself have that burning flame,
That warmth that gold has to offer?

Unsure of whether I will have diamond eventually,
Unsure if gold tempted me intentionally,
Whether gold actually wants me eventually,
Sure that if I choose one I can't have the other,
I wish I could have both but you know mother nature,
She coughs up two stones so distinct and precious,
But the two stones are so shiny and so bright,
That you can't wear one and expect it to be un-noticed,
The other will get to know too,
And when the other knows,
You have lost it forever,

Gold I might have now,
She is a flame,
She can't help herself,
She sparks and people burn,
Diamond am unsure of,
I might wait another century,
On the other I might not,
Am torn between the two,
This time,
Remediless,
Help,
Someone please help me.

I am not a rapper,
To wear diamond and gold at the same time,
But maybe I can be a super star,
A star is boundary-less,
can have both,
Gold with diamond,
Diamond with gold.
Am I a star?