Thursday 8 September 2011

Food For Your Disappointments




I looked at those papers,
They stared right at me,
Permanent they swore to be,
I couldn't change them,
Even if I wanted too,
I still looked at them with disbelief,
I felt my heart sink,
And my face draw sadness,
But what can you do?
Probably I should forge,
Create another paper a fresh,
I held those papers in my hands,
And walked around town,
Into buildings,
Into offices,
I saw men smartly dressed,
The walls heavily and nicely furnished,
Everyone looked busy,
I found myself walking with my papers,
Hidden at the back of my body,
Like the way lovers hide flowers from their lovers,
Only that mine were not flowers,
But if they were they would be the kind that are dead,
That have no life,
I was too shy to walk into any office,
I wouldn't be boasting of my papers,
I would be defending them,
I almost felt it would be easier not having them at all,
I didn't have the courage to walk into any room,
At least not with those papers I had in my arms,
But I still can change them,
But I loved the way I held them,
Not in front of me,
But behind me,
Probably it was a way of telling myself,
I am better than what is on those papers,
I am braver in person,
As much as I need those papers,
I have more confidence in myself to win,
I have more confidence in my abilities as they are naked,
Not shielding myself with the papers before me,
I come first,
I will try mending my papers,
But where the milk is already spilled...
I will not try to turn back time,
At least not so much,
I will look forward,
Repair my papers,
And create new more beautiful ones,
Necessity is the mother of inventions,
So with the little I have,
I will rule this world,
My confidence is as vital as my papers,
I turned back from that office,
Even before I let one foot in it,
I think it's because I want the best for me,
I slammed the papers in my hand on the Co-drivers seat,
It was just me and my papers,
We were heading home,
Home to good fortune,
My seat belt was on,
But I didn't care to tie the seat belt on the passengers seat,
If an accident occurs...
Who cares they are just papers!
And I got home safe fortunately for me,
Unfortunately the papers got home safe too,
"please call one of your friends I need a job..."
And that is what I told Home,
I know my papers might be quite good,
Compared to the ones of the men and women,
Seated on those large mahogany tables,
Probably they are way worse than mine,
That's why they have large padlocks and safes to hide them,
But you know I expect the best from myself,
I am sad cause I disappointed myself,
But I am not a disappointment I can promise you that,
When I compete I compete with the stars,
And the stars are at the top,
Come on,
Fold your sleeves like I do,
Let's work this time,
And mostly be smart,
We are not going to disappoint ourselves this time,
But even if we do,
We will know we have done our best,
And our disappointment is good fortune trying to speak to us,
And tell us,
"Necessity is the mother of inventions"