Thursday 14 July 2011

What Is Your Squash?

Has anyone ever asked you your talent,
That thing that defines your awesomeness?
Has anyone ever asked you your talent,
And you swore you didn't know it,
You swore you didn't have one,
As strongly as you swore you never played,
Cha-mama or kati like boys swear they never did,
Swore you had no talent like girls swear,
The last time they sexed was six months,
All girls say that you know,
It's never last night like guys,
I swore the same too and still do,
Until I discovered that talent is just what makes you happy,
It doesn't have to make you Kleptomaniacs or Stan,
But it can make your booty-shaking video on YouTube the most viewed,
Talent is just what you can do better than the average person,
Not better than everyone,
Just better than the average person,
Or rather something you learn faster,
Than the average learner,
That thing that makes you feel,
Like a super star on stage,
Have you been on stage?
Just in front of people,
The nervousness,
So beautiful,
The energy,
The beauty,
So powerful,
Your legs shake,
Just enough to cause blood to run faster,
Just enough to let adrenaline swim in you more completely,
So that you feel like you are high,
Rockstars are addicted to the stage more than they are drugs,
They have sex more cause the energy you have from stage,
Immediately you make something as mere as a presentation,
The feeling is so large you walk two inches above the ground after,
You glide in the air like angels do,
As confident as a fire,
With disregard for  everything,
Everything even metal,
You even melt metal like fire does,
Disregarding kawaida rules of decorum,
Even your voice becomes louder,
Have you ever noticed?
How else would you explain Sonko's behavior?
Not that I am saying he is talented or anything,
But the flashing lights and the Cover Pages,
The fact that you exist beyond yourself,
You know the way Shakespeare has never really died,
Your heart beats like it does when you in love,
Imagine feeling like in love without a relationship?
Imagine a crowd of a million people screaming,
It's nothing like firing comments on an update,
It's nothing like compliments splashed at you publicly unexpectedly,
That feeling is what I get on a squash court,
I remember I beat my squash instructor on the first day,
Embarrassed him perfectly and thoroughly,
Slamming balls so noisy,
Racket impact,
as loud as bullets,
Slamming violently,
forming face expressions,
With little regard whether my hand will disjoin out off my body,
Provided the ball runs like a rocket am careless,
Power strokes out shadowing thunder,
Pushing your body beyond it's limits limits,
Then it's limits limits limits limits,
People stopped playing to watch us,
I was on fire,
Everyone was impressed,
They felt fire for me,
They felt happy for me,
Like you feel happy for,
Tusker Project Fame stars,
Just watching them,
Some stopped playing to watch us,
I felt like a rockstar,
A rockstar amongst rockstars,
But I didn't notice I was,
I was too much in the game to notice,
That my shorts were falling,
That eyes were burning on us,
In the end I was glad,
To discover my that I could slam,
A ball so hard on a wall,
Smash it on corners like an enraged beast,
So that it deflects at angles,
And I score,
You think you melt when your team scores,
Wait until you score,
And you are dripping beans of sweat,
You in sport shoes,
Allowed to scream,
Allowed to cry,
Talent is what,
Makes you happier,
That is the destination for,
Your pursuit for happiness.
Be celebrated,
Find your talent.