Friday 12 August 2011

My Last Letter To You



I can't believe you called me a snake,
I can't believe you called me a serpent,
And perfectly mean things I can't write here,
Or re-read on my message inbox,
When my family was taken,
You were there,
Until they were back,
When my writing was being born,
You were there,
You read my writing even in the dead of the night,
Not like the new one that asks me to edit,
Three days after I have posted it,
When I was in trouble,
You offered contacts from Interpol even,
When I was laughing on the phone,
You were the one on the other end,
When we were chasing good coffee huts in town,
We discovered Merica,
You led me on until,
I depended on you like a deep sea diver,
Depends on his oxygen tank,
I want to text you back all the messages you sent me,
The ones you send me when you are angry,
I know your never allow your phone to store sent messages,
So no need of asking you to re-read them,
I can't copy-paste the nasty trillions of them back to you,
you know when you are pushed to the wall,
You crack and say things you can't take back,
And when you are angry,
The conversation always turns into,
The possessions I have,
Which are not really even mine,
The conversation goes to,
How I am using reverse psychology and all other antiques,
To get what I want,
Here is the reality girl,
Yes I do get most of what I want,
But I never get what I need,
Like peace of mind,
You know am always looking over my shoulder,
With a shaking hand with numbers on speed dial,
Unable to find the confidence to walk the streets at night or day,
Always planning on how I will defend myself,
And always trying to get out of the success shadows,
Of the ones that mentor me,
To be my own person and success,
You think I feel good,
When I get bad grades at school,
And compare my transcripts to my blood-lines,
You think I feel good,
When I look at my wayward life,
And compare it to my blood-lines,
And the bible schools she makes sure run,
To get little kids religious,
So much is expected of me,
And sometimes I feel I am not cut out for it,
And being an emotional cripple doesn't help,
Fruitlessly fighting this bipolar doesn't help too,
I am not as strong as you,
So this time get angry at me,
For making you jealous or something,
But this time leave,
And go for good for heavens sake,
I found someone,
Who when she gets angry at my actions does not run,
She stays on the phone,
And fights with me,
Out of sight out of mind you know,
That's your motto,
Not hers,
She would rather I stay,
Yesterday we talked,
And instead of throwing stereo-types at me,
Or trying to equate the way I act,
to possessions and where I am from,
She fought me with love,
Until we discovered each other,
From the roots of why I look for myself in other girls skirts,
I felt myself opening up to things I don't even open up to to myself,
She makes me a better person,
I make her a better person,
No snakes,
Like the one you see in me,
It's just angels and honesty,
you send me messages wishing me dead,
she sent me chocolate and a bracelet,
I saved my mum a piece without telling her who it was from,
Maybe one day I will tell her,
It's like we are connected,
Every time you call me in my bipolar-ish depression,
I normally am in almost every evening,
To depress me more by swearing why I am such a bad person,
So that I am even more depressed close to tears,
She calls me immediately after,
As if she can sense your animosity to me and my moods,
And she first makes me laugh,
Then takes care of me,
It is senseless,
Having in mind she will fly out for school,
And might not even come back,
I might follow her but probably in a different continent,
We might be separated forever,
But I can't cry now,
She doesn't call me a snake,
Or text me she wishes me dead,
She tries to build me,
She doesn't walk away,
She tries to build me,
I am a bad person,
But even twisted people get their love,
Everyone has someone made for them,
That's why we shouldn't force things,
That is unrefuted,
Maybe almost selfish,
But I am very selfless to you sublime ways,
I felt really bad when we jumped back into bed last time,
Mostly after we had done everything,
I had promised myself never to do that again,
But I had to,
So that you would be happy,
You even cried while at it,
And told me it's cause you felt something you have never felt before,
That the joy was overwhelming,
I just needed you as a friend for forever,
We were never meant to be together that was clear from the start,
And we agreed to the same,
We have been together on the same bed,
So it is understandable for you to be jealous and I too at times,
If you truly cared for me,
You wouldn't view me as shallowly,
Look at me as such a shallow person,
As shallow as the way you perceive me,
So what if she drives whatever she drives,
So what if she gets her sunglasses from wherever she gets them,
So what?
She makes me a better person,
I make her a better person,
When you call someone a snake too long,
They end up becoming snakes,
Look at bad fatherhood and their siblings,
And you will understand,
I don't want to be a snake,
She calls me her prince,
And I call her my princess,
And prince and princesses like the childhood books we read,
Are not snakes,
They travel the world,
And give love to the ones the world treats too fairly,
They collect food and give to the hungry,
They build each other out of their bad habits,
So that they can set precedence for the ones that look up to them,
All you need is one couple that doesn't cheat,
To prove to the rest of the world true love is possible,
She builds me,
I build her,
We build ourselves,
All you need is modern day Romeo and Juliet,
And everyone will believe in love again,
She builds me,
I build her,
She e en know I have a new blog,
We will set couple precedence like,
Romeo and Juliet if the distance separates us,
or something forever,
Like an eighty year old couple,
Either way,
Everyone will believe in love,
She builds me,
I build her,
We build us,
We are us,
Not snakes!