Saturday 6 August 2011

Let Me Bitch


I lost it,
I am careless,
And not in the good way,
Like careless about spilling champagne,
On the carpet,
Or on the seat,
I saw it drop on the floor,
As I grabbed my gown,
In the already steamy bathroom,
I love steamy bathrooms by the way,
They are warm on cold mornings,
That's why I let water run in the shower,
To steam it up,
Before I shower,
Then I enjoy the shower more,
And therefore the morning too,
And the view of the town,
My shower has such a lovely view of the town,
I see the whole town,
I think I picked it up,
When it dropped when I picked up,
My clothes and gown from the hook,
And I left the house,
Forgot where I placed it after i picked it up,
And worried about it in court,
I couldn't concentrate,
Most of that day,
It felt like the feeling you get when,
You think you left gas leaking at home,
You can almost smell it from work,
But you can't go back to ensure,
That you turned the switch tap off,
I forgot about it,
The SIM card I lost,
it's not just a sim card you know,
It is where I keep everyone I love,
It has all the telephone numbers I need,
I didn't have back up,
All the numbers are there,
My friends are there,
If I wanted to reach someone six towns away,
All I needed was that SIM card,
Even a house away,
All I needed was that SIM card,
And I lost it,
And it is without back up,
I had numbers from magistrates that I stole,
Numbers from cops that I almost trust but hate,
Numbers for judges,
For friends I never see,
Out of the country,
Some I might need to call them and say happy birthday,
Even if it is once a year,
How will I maintain relations with my friends,
And family,
Extended family,
How will I hear their laughter,
When I lose my SIM cards?
While even to meet my neighbor,
I need to call,
And tell her I am coming?
To probably lock up the dogs,
Or to crush at her place,
I could almost sleep in the streets,
If it is not for my SIM card,
And now it's lost with the numbers I stored in it,
So don't look at me as if you don't understand,
Why I am so grumpy this morning,
Don't ask me why I find that the milk is not cold enough,
Or the glass is not well placed on the table,
Let me bitch,
Cause I feel bad,
I lost my SIM card,
It's not easy,
To recollect everyone you love,
When you have no way of reaching them,
I just haven't lost a thing,
I have lost relationships,
I have lost friendships,
I have lost business associates,
I have lost,
Even,
lovers...
So let me bitch!