Tuesday 2 August 2011

Bravely Speaking For My Jewels

I walked into the washroom,
And screamed at the guy who cleans it,
And he walked to the sink,
Washed the golden ring,
And gave it to me,
I got my suit coat out,
Not the half coat,
But the main one,
And tried to fish out my wallet,
A payment later on should be in order,
And that is how this story ends,
With a janitor giving me a golden ring,
So let me begin it,
if you are a girl,
And you are pretty,
And I like you,
You know I waste a lot of sperm,
Throwing it in the dustbin,
After it fills up that balloon,
This is largely because I still wear my ring,
On the wrong finger,
My golden ring is never on the marriage finger,
It is always on the middle finger,
Which is close to the marriage finger though,
I know one of this fine days,
I will make a mistake and not wear it on the middle finger,
And then and only then,
I shall stop wasting sperms,
So now that we all know I wear a golden ring,
On the wrong finger until I am thirty two or something,
I will tell you my experience with magic,
Not the Harry Porter one,
But one more practical one,
Impregnating one gold ring into two gold rings,
So I walked into one of those shops I like,
Almost love the ones that look empty,
And only serious purchasers get into,
It has been there since I was a kid,
As a family we have always been ripped off at that store
Even after discounting the price by lower than half,
I walked into it,
And I started to almost feel out of place,
Nice shops have that effect on you,
I was at home,
But my wallet was not,
I could feel it wanting to stay out,
Wait for me outside the door,
Fortunately it cannot speak,
So I entered with it,
I saw the shiny jewels,
All lined up neatly under the clear glass,
Some sitting on navy blue velvet,
Some on red,
As you got further inside the shop,
You didnt have to be told the prices got higher,
You could see it for yourself,
The beauty of the rocks and jewels escalated,
And you felt more out of place,
I was at home,
I hadn't come for something completely golden,
But even when I buy ugly metals coated in gold,
I like to do it at a beautiful place,
So I was very close to the door,
It was very early,
So the boss decided to come close to the door where I was,
Everything was different now,
He didn't look as tall as he used to when I was small,
I already felt stronger,
My feet did not want to walk away,
And come back with bigger feet to the shop,
When I was younger this was the point when I wanted an adult,
My father to tell the jeweler the calculator casio watch I wanted,
But I felt taller,
And I could read most names,
Even the French ones,
I could almost quote the name of every metal there,
Not the name of the jewel,
The metal that made it,
It's like stating the ingredients of chocolate,
Not just the name on the wrapper,
And for that moment I wondered,
Why was I ever intimidated,
But I remembered,
I looked at him,
Right into his eyes,
I felt fear in me,
But it did not show,
Mostly cause I didn't quite care,
That's it,
I was more selfish now,
I knew what I had come for,
An ugly metal wrapped up in gold,
Gold coated if you like to sugar coat it,
I stated I wanted a ring,
And he stated the prices,
After I pointed at one,
I was amazed at my confidence,
He placed them at the table,
And tapped his fingers on the table,
His tapping his fingers would make you feel you were wasting his time,
Tap you finger on a table at someone,
And you will see what I mean,
And I was almost hurried,
But I was careless,
He was quick to return them under the glass table,
After I had failed to get one that I loved,
When I was younger,
That would be the point where I would take whatever he gave me,
At whatever price he wanted,
Just to prove to him,
I have the money to buy,
Or out of intimidation,
Jewelers are at their own level you know,
But I knew his tactics,
I could see them now,
Probably it's cause of the books I have been reading,
Which are more than average,
The irrelevant ones and relevant ones,
I could see him pick his cordless phone,
And discuss something of an international nature on it,
I could see him fidget and complain he didn't have time,
That I was wasting his time,
Only jewelers can pull that stunt,
They sell jewels,
I exposed him to himself,
Unleashed a compliment on how good a business man he was,
I was stating a fact cause I could see his tactics now,
And his phone calls stopped,
And the drumming of the fingers,
And the returning things back under the glass hurriedly,
I saw half a smile on his face,
Then a slight laughter when I told him,
I was taking my time since I had realized that,
Most of the coated things he sold even for coated ones,
Did not quite match my standards,
And my wallet was not going to allow me to move further into the shop,
I told him he must give me something I like,
He must do better,
That I will not fall for his intimidation to move me further inside the shop,
He will not drum his fingers,
To make me pick something I had not scrutinized for long enough,
He would not poke degrading hints at me,
To make me buy something that doesn't wear a gold jacket,
But is jacket in itself,
And he will not flatter me with regards to girls and rings,
So that I picked something I didn't like and regret it  later,
He stared at the watch on my wrist,
I could see his eyes burn into it,
It belonged to the far end of the shop,
Not where I was,
He stated an obscene price,
A price so obscene that at a shop like that,
You would take it cause it is a jewel shop like that,
With good lighting and a lot of jewels,
A price so obscene if you stated yours you'd feel embarrassed,
But I was more confident now older,
I know my place in the world now,
I have been around daddy enough to realize,
I stated my price which was actually an insult to his,
And he laughed as an insult to me,
I insulted the blemishes on the rings to him,
insulted his lack of weigh scale for silvers,
And joined in his laughter,
Mine lasted longer than his,
He ripped me off,
But not as badly as he always did,
I was comfortable paying him what I did,
Cause I had also bought an experience,
And every good jewel has a story,
That's what the premium price is about,
Besides at a jewel shop like that,
They have the best of the best,
And as I got into the hotel with my ring,
And walked to the wash room,
With coated rings you let them sit on the sink as you wash your hands,
Otherwise the coating will go down the drain somehow,
Along with the water and hand wash,
As I walked to the washroom
Wash rooms in nice hotel always have a guy working in them,
And the guy was seated taking an inventory of tissues or something,
His fingers were shining,
He had his ring finger with his wedding finger,
And his middle finger with my golden ring,
Not the one I was wearing,
The one I had before and left it on the sink,
I sent words into the air,
Directly reprimanded him for having it,
He washed it at the sink as I straightened my tie,
And pushed my half coat better,
Pulled out my wallet out of my coat,
But decided not to tip him for his bad behavior,
And when he handed back to me my old ring,
I let it sink in my suit pocket,
As the other shown on my middle finger,
And that is how I have two rings,
In an aim to replace the lost one,
I found a new one,
And both come with a story,
And just like that,
I have two perfect gold jewels,
When one wears your shirt let him have it forever,
But when the whole world shits on your jewels,
Clean it wear it and love it more,
We all love our jewels,
They are as natural as the dirt they come from.