Friday 5 August 2011

Don't Be Mad

Just when you start to cry,
You find you have more tears,
You find that you have more stimuli,
To cause fresh tears to flow,
So it's slowly painful and steady,
You fall down,
You struggle to gather energy,
Just a small ounce will be enough you figure,
To get yourself out of the mud,
You have been stuck in,
But the moment you are up,
You are thrusted back,
With much extra force,
To the mud you had been sleeping in,
For days,
And you feel you need another ounce,
Of strength to get up,
But this time you just want to sink in,
Stay in,
Sleep in,
In the mud,
On the ground,
Like it is your bed,
You are sleeping the morning in,
On Saturday,
You almost can't feel any pain anymore,
You feel immune,
Then you get hard hit again,
By something you didn't think could go wrong,
Almost like waking up to find you hairless,
Something absurd as that hits you,
All you want to do is stay out of the world,
But then you find people laughing,
Your friends actually,
Those who you love,
And you have maintained your relationship with them,
Better than a wife maintains her relationship in her marriage,
You find that,
Through it all,
Your sleeping in mad,
And your tragic events,
Someone is always ready to make you laugh,
And slowly in that state,
You realize,
That the preciousness you have given,
To maintain good relations with those you love,
With your friends,
Even when books cover you to the top of your head,
And you are as busy as a bee,
The moments you spend,
Texting those you love,
Meeting up with them,
And wasting time at coffee joints,
Poking them at social media sites,
Which by the way is a very pointless beautiful thing,
Suddenly becomes the most beautiful thing,
And it is at that moment,
When your phone constantly rings,
You cross the streets,
And someone you are friends with,
Spreads a hug on your sorrows,
And you know hugs,
They always chase your sorrows,
Gone are the days when I would sit down,
Construct a shag-list for the hottest girl in a class,
This one... Then this one.. And the next,
Here are the days,
When I am deeper than that,
I actually can refuse to see a girl bra-less,
Cause I consider her a friend,
And I want to keep her my friend,
With the same energy couples do,
To night I toast to my friends,
Those I send messages to,
Those I call often,
Those that send me gifts,
Like that very old bottle of liquor,
Which is older than you and me both,
Those that keep me company,
By the tennis and squash courts,
Those that we laugh with,
Those that I have pizza with,
My success,
Is the relationships I have built with them,
And the love I shower them with,
So when I don't sex you,
Don't be mad!
Am not the shallow person,
I used to be,
Are you?