Monday 22 August 2011

Slowing Down The Minute Hand On My Clock

It is morning already,
I have seen many mornings,
But this morning I am waking up early,
To let in fresh air from my open windows,
Then head back to bed and wake up seriously late,
Later than what you think is seriously late,
Nothing is as throughly refreshing as a morning breeze,
That creeps into your bedroom as you sleep,
Enveloped by your warm blankets,
I must give my body the rest it needs,
Not waking up at the sound of my alarm clock,
But at the sound of nature,
The sounds of singing birds from outside,
Or the satisfaction of my body,
Opening my eyes at it's own command,
Cause I am tired of sleeping,
Not at an alarm clocks command,
Until my body is satisfied of it's rest,
It's lunch time already,
I have had as many lunches,
As the days I have been on this earth,
But today I spread an assortment of my favorite dishes,
Meats well done in plenty,
Lamp chops pork chops and t bone stake
Fruits from grapes to strawberries,
I set the table with the most beautiful cutlery,
A full glass of mango juice,
Thick and as healthy as a good life,
In a large shiny thick glass mag,
With a straw,
Today I have no worries,
Trying to spoil myself,
Trying to excite myself,
And my taste buds too,
It's afternoon already,
And the skies are clear,
This is when I am getting off my bathrobe,
The water is already pouring angrily out of the shower head,
Like rain only warmer and steamier,
I am going to shower for centuries,
Feel the drops of rain on my skin,
That water wants to massage me,
 Beat on my stiff muscles until they relax,
And the shower gel craves to scent this whole place up,
nothing beats the rejuvenating scent of a minty bathroom,
I will whistle and sing in the shower,
Enjoy the water like it were a Jacuzzi,
I might even burst a move or two,
In dance,
Dance scream sing until I feel nice,
Such stupid things feeds your soul,
The feeling after is so wonderful,
You must try it!
I am slowing down my watch,
So that every minute passes slower,
My heart beats slower,
I even take slower steps,
So that I see the world around me,
I am where I am today,
My mind is not worrying about my troubles,
Or planning for my future,
My mind is where I am today,
Not abstract thinking,
Just concrete thinking,
My mind is hear,
Absorbing the moment,
The filling up lungs with the scent of these flowers,
The perfume on this girl,
The taste of this mango juice,
The chilling feel of it on my throat,
It quenches my thirst,
You must be thirsty right now,
Have a cool cola,
One with ice cubes floating and knocking each other,
The sound they produce,
Is the sound of thirst almost getting quenched,
At the last drop you will be thirsty no more,
Have a cool drink,
I am taking this day slower,
Just to unwind,
Just to energize,
Just to enjoy ,
The present,
Shall we unwind together?
Take my hand,
We need a break,
Leave the hustle just for a while,
Forget your worries just a bit,
They will still be their let us go,
Listen to your body,
It's trying to tell you something.