Wednesday 4 May 2011

Beauty Does NOT Lie In The Eyes Of The Beholder



Before I hit puberty,
I had an experience,
I vividly remember of it,
Like you will remember my web page,
Smart people remember my web page,
Are you smart?

Before I hit puberty,
I had an experience,
I vividly remember of it,
I felt drawn to her,
She was a woman yes,
A hundred times older than I,
She was a doctor,
A dentist to be exact,
Fresh from grad school,
I was seated with my parents,
Next to her table,
By the pool at the club,
Having lunch,
I felt my eyes stuck on her,
They were arrested on her,
I must have looked ridiculous,
You know how kids close their eyes and think,
If they cannot see you, you can't see them,
I thought no one realized I was staring at her,
I was gazing at her,
With the perfect dreamy eyes,
I must have been about ten,
Perhaps partly toothless,
You know, losing milk teeth,
I had been anticipating those lamp chops,
But when I saw her,
I remember begging my mum to have my food packed,
Her beauty was food enough,
I was drawn to her beauty,
Before I even hit puberty,

So who is beautiful?
If you were a scientist,
You would think of symmetry,
Your right face mirrors your left,
If not when the mirror on the wall is asked,
Who is the prettiest of them all,
It would not say 'you' but crack,
If you were a psychiatrist,
And was asked what beauty is,
You would talk about deeper things,
You know how deep they are,
there ideas would be more laughable than jokes are,
If they were not true that is,
If you were a psychiatrist,
Beauty would be erotic capita,
You know the things am talking about,
The things you have that I want,
So badly I would seat out a boring date with you,
If I know at the end of it I would bed you,
Sitting allowance,
Bra fillers,
Flirting prowess,
Those that fiddle with a wineglass in a way,
Those that fiddle with their hair in ways,
That men look passed their dates,
To watch you bite that fry off the fork,
As you sit on that other table next,
If you were a sociologist,
Asked to define beauty,
You would define it,
As the girl most sort after,
The girl that if paraded her number,
would be stalked all the way to,
Safaricom to have it changed,
If you were researcher,
Beauty to you would be intelligence,
Emotional intelligence to be exact,
The kind that gives you the smarts,
To know the right words to use,
Those that inflate egos,
And everyone knows men,
If you inflate their first ego,
Then the second one inflates to a bulge,
And just like that,
both heads certify you beautiful,
Beauty could be intelligence,
Emotional intelligence to be exact,
The kind that gives you the smarts,
To know the right words to use,
Those words that makes one hold their breath,
At least for as long as your words lasts,
Then releases in breath at their end,
Words that cause the effect beauty causes,
Sudden beautiful rush in heart beat,
All this is beauty if you dint know,

Back in the day beauty lay on beholders eyes,
We are human beings and merciful at that,
Deep in us we are very fair creatures,
That's why we came up with democracy,
That's why we come up with statements,
Beauty lies on the eyes of the beholder,
Everyone is equal,
Enough of utopia,
Let's face facts,
If we are all equal and democracy rules,
Why do we scream at celebrities?
Why do we have count downs on the sexiest people?
Why do certain people have a larger variety,
That they can have everyone they want?
They have a larger pool of mates to choose from?
Why did that very hot doctor,
Arrest my eyes on her,
When I was barely old enough,
To be ten years old?
To feel puberty even?
Back in the day beauty lay on beholders eyes,
Because back in the day we had three colors,
All photos came in black white and grey,
They hadn't invented make up or lip gloss,
Conformity carried the day,
Creativity was disregarded,
Shunned and looked at as crazy,
No thinking out of the box was allowed,
Beauty was so superficial,
Everyone was so shallow,
About matters of beauty,
All they did invent were fridges and gravity,
Manicures and moisturizers are today's invention,
Back in the day we were born beautiful,
All of us were,
And we died beautiful,
Because we couldn't enhance our beauty as such,
We had to be fair,
Console ourselves with words like;
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder,
That was then when the world was fair,

Beauty today is like success,
When you think you are successful,
Some other guy out does your success,
Just when you think you are the most beautiful,
You find that your man is taken,
By someone with better hair,
Or who likes eating him more than you do,
Just before you think you are most beautiful,
You find someone with a dress,
So beautiful if a frog wore it,
It would steal all the heads you turn,

We are all beautiful,
Oh yes we are,
I promise you that,
Some are born more beautiful than us,
But we should die prettier than them,
Beauty is what attracts other to you,
Some are more beautiful than us,
You should accept that first,
Denial of it doesn't change the fact,
Neither does it increase your crushes,
Beauty is like a marathon race,
We all start at the same point,
But the start is mighty unfair,
Some have longer running legs,
Some have faster running shoes,
Some have respiratory set backs,
Some lack running motivation,
Just like we are born into this world,
Some beautiful than others,
Some having longer running legs,
Seemingly they will surely win the marathon,
But beauty unlike a marathon,
Is as rule-less as laughter,
You can drive through to the finish point,
When the born with beauty ones,
Fruitlessly try running to the end,
As my words come to an end,
End the belief that everyone is equal,
Squash your denial,
When you start the race,
Do not run,
Use a rocket,
Wear that skirt that gets you stares,
Find those jokes that draw people to you,
Sink those spots that mountain on your face,
Be the most beautiful you you can be,
Be the definition of beauty,
For beauty is just what attracts,
Provided you feel the effects of beauty,
Like the smiles that strangers gift you with,
Like the attention the world gives you,
The more doors that open for you,
The physical doors and the other ones,
You know the physical doors,
All men are gentle men around beautiful women,
You know the other doors that open,
I do not mean opening legs by the way,
But you know Telly anchors and air hostesses,
A well presented sales person sells the most,
That hungry stare that boy gives you,
You are beautiful,
Beauty no longer lies in the eyes of the beholder,
True beauty lies in the eyes of a mass of beholders,
Beauty's definition does not come in a confined box,
Beauty's definition is a highway of endless possibilities,
Define your own beauty,
Be the most beautiful version of yourself,
The most beautiful version of a slim figure,
The most beautiful version of a full figure,
Define your own beauty,
Be the reason people think if they looked like you,
Then they are beautiful,
Not the reason they think if you looked like them,
Then you are beautiful.