Saturday 21 May 2011

When I Used To Rule The World

There was a time when,
I used to rule the world,
But now I simply do not,
I feel those words are in order,
To express the envelope of failure,
I have recently neatly sealed myself into,
There was a time in my life,
When when I got into rooms,
I did in fact rule the world,
And my presence was felt,
More than the presence of an earthquake,
The rainbow had completely nothing on me,
But things did change with time you know,
Some things I had did fade away,
I feared they would at the time,
I almost sensed that those were my hay days,
Wisdom warned me to enjoy them when they last,
I do wish I had used them much better,
I have been trying to convincing myself over the years,
That I used them to fullest,
By now I have almost fully convinced myself,
That I used them to the fullest,
Did I really?
I used to rule the world that time,
That was back then when I was truly king,
I pride myself in being able to get everything,
my pride has been unchanged since then,
I have evidently lost a lot since that time,
But my pride still stands in order,

It is one thing to have everything you want,
It is one thing to never be denied anything,
But you know paper cannot buy everything,
We are creatures of habits as humans we are,
We are creatures of behavior us kenyans,
It was very easy for me to believe in the belief,
That I would always have everything I did want,
I did for a long time get everything I did want,
Even everyone I wanted in some ways,
That was when I ruled the world,
But I guess things are a bit different now,
As different as the end of monarch is,
The beginning of democracy as it is,
Blue bloods have been chased out of the throne,
If you don't believe me ask europe's history,
People have the right to make choices,
And you are not the only choice they make,
Like they did back then when you ruled the world,

When you are never denied anything,
That paper can actually buy,
Then you have this screwed up mentality,
That every bra will un-cap cause you want it to,
If you want a car a plane even a submarine you will have,
Cause unlike humans these things don't have to want you back to have them,
The same principle applying on things doesn't apply on people,
That every hand you want to hold will hold you back,
The one who gave birth to me told me once recently,
That I should have new rules of decorum where I accept,
That I might not always get what I do want,
That I might not have everyone I want,
But I still own my childhood pride,
That I still rule the world,
In my mind I do still rule the world,
I believe I can get everything,
And have everyone I want,
But in reality I find that,
She doesn't actually want me,
But wants me to hook her up,
With someone else,
In my mind I still do rule the world,
But clearly reality shows different,

I am smiling but am very close to tears,
My folly tells me not to lose my pride,
And believe I really can get whatever,
And whoever, whenever and however,
I feel my pride is the only thing king about me now,
In my real sense I know that I don't always get it all,
Or am I amongst kings who get it all,
the competition around is too high?
But just cause you used to rule the world,
Doesn't mean you are completely nothing,
Some people still think you rule the world,
But you know your powers have reduced ever since,
You used to rule the world,

I hope the world will not stone me anymore,
Chase me out of that throne where I believe,
I rule the world and that I can get whatever,
Whomever I want in however ways I want,
At this very moment the world is in an attempt,
To chase me out of my throne consistently,
By proving to me that I cannot get whatever,
Whoever I want in however way whenever I want,
I guess the misfortune of getting whatever you want,
Is you have too much time you concentrate on whomever,
And sometimes it turns into a run after pride and not love,
Sometimes the point I try to prove is that I rule the world,
If I stop proving a point then my reign will come to an end,
If I keep proving a point I will waste time on matters-not things,
But question is if I run after you and get you to full-fill my pride,
To just prove to myself that I still am king,
Am I really king?
Do kings have to struggle so much to get whatever? 
Do kings have to struggle so much to get whomever?

I used to rule the world you know,
That's why I have so much pride,
You can't teach an old dog new tricks,
My circumstance before now,
Taught me that I in fact rule the world,
I cannot be taught new tricks,
If I became a king right now,
Instead of being born one,
Then perhaps my pride wouldn't be as dear to me,
But right now it is inter wined with my happiness,
If you try to separate them you tear the cloth,
I will not hide my roots; that I used to be king,

It maybe unwise to go against the wisdom that,
I should have everything and everyone I want,
But my past record has shown it very clearly,
That eventually I can have everyone and everything I want,
Sometimes at fingers-snap other times out of time and effort,
Am already addicted to the happiness of ruling the world
What I have to do is ploy my energies to the right places,
Just like a wise king realizes that there are kingdoms to conquer.
And other kingdoms that are not worth the effort to conquer,
If I want so badly that I must have like I must have air; I will get,
If I don't want as badly I will not send my army for such trivialities,
but as kings start a war sometimes out off useless emotions such as amusement sadness revenge or just to make others jealous or regret,
I will sometimes pursue senseless things with obscene amounts of resources,
Just so that I feel I still rule the world, 
It maybe unwise to go against the wisdom that,
I should not always run after everything and everyone I want,
But maybe just maybe being wise like wise kings are,
Knowing what is worth the effort and choosing right,
Is wisdom in itself,
To kings, even Emotion, and not Need is reason enough to war,

I used to rule the world yesterday,
Those days are gone like spilled milk,
I used to have whomever I want,
Now am a dating-site hooking up,
The people I want to people I don't even like,
The days when I used to rule the world are over,
The days when I caused earthquake entering into a room,
Now I have to fight to keep my crown,
But back then when I really ruled the world,
I did not need to walk in a certain way to rule,
I just ruled,

'I used to rule the world,
Seas would rise when I gave the word,
Now I sweep the streets I used to own,
One minute I held the key,
Next the walls were closed on me,
Now I discover my castle stood,
On pillars of salt and pillars of sand'
Viva La Vida by coldplay is the rock song,
That truly relates to the end of my era,
The old king is dead,
Long live the king!