Monday 30 May 2011

One Mans Gold Another Mans Worthless Coin

I need to capture a moment,
Right now in a manner vivid,
As clear as this handwriting style,
There is something about casuals,
Something I completely detest,
Their perfect lack of ambitions,
I once was given a task back home,
To manage things through a casual,
That bastard missed work all the time,
He even might have thought it interesting,
To show up and dodge away before,
He had done any of the chores he is paid to do,
I ended up particularly smelling like chicken shit,
Having to do the work he is to do,
I ruined my priced pair of black driving gloves,
They were so elegant but I had to rid myself of them,
Have you ever had a piece of clothing dear to you,
It got so dirty it had to be washed with vigor,
In eventuality it'd color and fabric got washed out too,
In the thoroughness of ridding it of the farm smell?
You had to throw it away cause you wouldn't trust yourself to resist,
The temptation of wearing it in it's newly found unappealing taste?
I thought he dodged to go work some place,
You see I knew he had a wife and kids,
I understood perhaps he had another job,
He two-timed his working to make an extra buck,
But dear was I so perfectly and soundly wrong,
He dint have another job he was running to,
Thirty minutes into the morning he would show up,
He would leave work undone and run home,
To his place and spend the rest of the day there,
Then would show up at three in the afternoon,
To lie to directly in face of his earlier whereabouts,
He completely ate up my head that man,
I regret why I did increase his salary in an aim to motivate,
But am soberly glad he ended up fired and jobless,
How dare he cause me to ruin my gloves?
And do farm work with my inexperience?
I had another casual right here where I stay,
He cleans up my house and laundry often,
He does a pretty fine job at somethings,
At other things it seems honestly better,
He did not attempt to them even at all,
For he leaves a few things worse than he found them,
In spite of that I do not fire him away,
I in fact call another lady-casual after he is done,
To complete the work that he accomplished not,
I do this because one day he asked me,
To search for a better job for him to engage in,
He would have been a great man that old man,
Had he been given the opportunity to be,
But most of all is the way the man looks at money,
From an un-careful eye you would almost be offended,
He looks at it so keenly you would think it was in scrutiny,
You would almost think he looks at it to determine the notes genuineness,
But from a keen eye you would tell that not it at all,
He is not scrutinizing the note of money,
He holds it with both his hands in appreciation of it's preciousness,
Perhaps he sees it as food a means for rent or his kid's fees, 
He walks away staring at it face down,
watching it clutched between both his hands,
If their was a wall that suddenly appeared he would run into it,
To you that note might be loose change,
But to him it always means the world,
I have over paid him ever since,
If I find opportunity for him,
I will not hesitate to put in a good word for him,
There is always a person who rewards her casuals,
After cleaning up her fleet of cars with pay as big as an accountant salary,
I hope he will clean your fleet of cars one day,
I hope you will be obscenely generous that day,
And if you will not remember to be generous,
Read this and remember what you promised,
One mans gold is another mans coin,
Give the man gold, it cost you nothing!