Tuesday 17 May 2011

The Thinner Rubber

A compass is never out of style,
Maps too are never just a fad,
A steering wheel is always fashionable,
A greater tragedy than that of the titanic,
Is of persons with energy greater than volcanoes,
But without no path to follow like trains have,
With completely no direction to channel the energy,
As dangerous to everyone and themselves just like magma is,
We are creatures of short term views,
Most of us have to be forced to think beyond tomorrow,
Thinking in long term sense is as foreign as,
Living today without Internet and computers,
If I dint think of a wife and kids tomorrow,
I would be quick to sink in completely raw,
It always tastes better raw,
But with the times it's never the safest bet,
Since I will want a wife and kid one day,
Just before I sink in beautifully like a skinny deeper,
I will wear my Jimmy hat,
Other contraceptives like,
The morning after pills,
After last nights shower seeds,
Will be reserved for the most serious of girlfriends,
But ultimately for my wife,
I know times are bad today,
I hope they will be better tomorrow,
For either way when tomorrow comes,
I will be powerless to buy a pack of durex on my way home,
You know married people never wear balloons,
So when that time comes all I'll do is hope,
That no one winks at my wife in ways,
That will lead her to do things,
That will lead her to feel,
That maybe she should buy,
A pack of rubber together with groceries,
Then come home and try to explain,
Why she thinks I shouldn't pour my milk,
In her,
like I always do,
I have my compass and it works,
It faces north which is up,
I have a map not on paper,
But on this page you read,
Eventually I will have a son,
And a daughter too,
And he shall love blue,
And she shall love pink,
So the next time I want to anchor,
My ship deep in waters unknown,
I will wear something to cover,
Skin tight like sea divers do,
And if I really love the girl,
I will not get durex exta safe,
That is as thick as law books,
But durex elite that is as thin,
As silk clubbing dresses,
My compass is clear,
My direction is clear,
I do not need discipline,
I just see tomorrow,
In vivid details,
And that is why,
I live today,
Like I live,
Today.