Thursday 5 May 2011

I Found My Confidence From Her:  Day 5

I love to read, I love my mind, I regard myself very intelligent, almost a genius, although my high school mathematics results say different... Today I had a revelation which I regarded pure genius. Lack of confidence sometimes is a good thing. There was a girl, today, we met at the reception, I could feel her steal glances of me, that thief! lol. I had no intention of talking to her. I did not want to be disturbed, I had other issues to attend to. I think my not paying her attention caused her to be hesitant on approaching me, my un-smiling back stare. I imagined I was her. I would think my inability to approach was lack of confidence, but in fact is a self-preservation reflex. Preserving my good mood and ego. Next time I feel I shouldn't approach someone, I will not necessarily take it as lack of confidence... But if I am not brave enough, I will take it as lack of confidence. It's all a balance.